On September 2020, the Italian Erasmus+ National Agency – INAPP communicated the approval of the VESTA Vocational Education Solutions and Tools for fAmily enterprises proposal, under the KA2 Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training.
More than 14 million family enterprises in Europe provide for 50% of GDP and 60 million jobs. In times of crisis, family enterprise plays a crucial socio- economic role as an employment buffer and pivot of growth.
Despite their role, at present there are no programmes and initiatives tailored to the specific needs of family enterprises whose competitiveness is undermined by specific challenges.
VESTA has the objective of supporting the growth and sustaining the competitiveness of family enterprises so that they can strive and continue to play that crucial role of social buffer and economic engine of growth, by developing innovative operational tools and training resources. VESTA includes partners from the VET system (both formal and nonformal), support system and facilitation of entrepreneurship, family enterprises and Third Sector.
Activities that partners will carry out include:
- Develop and maintain the VESTA OER Platform in multilingual versions
- Map the ecosystem of family enterprises to extrapolate dynamics of family enterprises to bridge the gap identified by EU institutions
- Develop operational tools in support of family enterprises
- Develop and deliver innovative training specifically tailored and targeted to family enterprises
- Validate in real operational environments the VESTA tools and training involving at least 200 target groups
- Promote the adoption and replication of VESTA by mainstreaming its use across EU METODOLOGY is operational and practical, based on a “staged methodological approach”
VESTA will be co-funded by the Erasmus Plus Programme of the European Commission and will be implemented between 2020/22. The project brings together 6 partners from 5 countries (Belgium, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Spain).
In the Project, IDP brings its consolidated experience and expertise as a private provider of VET and adult education services. IDP has 25 years of experience in international and cross-border collaboration in the field of promotion of entrepreneurship and employability. IDP will greatly contribute to the technical and operational activities of the Project carrying out analysis and stock-taking activities of the Italian VET ecosystem pertaining to the project; contributing to structuring modules, developing methodologies for effective teaching and learning, materials and content.
For further information on VESTA and other IDP European Consultants initiatives: